The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Co-operation ACP-EU (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
Our mission is to advance food and nutrition security, increase prosperity and sound natural resource management. We do this by providing access to information and knowledge, facilitating policy dialogue and strengthening the capacity of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities in ACP countries.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a young marketing professional. You will work closely with other team members and across departments to play an active and integral role in meeting objectives designed to accelerate our outreach and visibility. You will gain experience and exposure to tools and strategies, enabling you to better understand the dynamics of our sector and make a contribution to our organisation.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing Programme Coordinator, you will be responsible the following activities:
Qualifications and Experience
- Market Research, including:
- Measuring impact on orders/downloads of monthly CTA Publishing e-newsletter
- Online focus groups, surveys and questionnaires to gather reader feedback on Spore magazine
- Social Media
- Assist in the development of a social media policy for CTA, notably for the marketing component
- Assist in the development and implementation of a social media marketing plan for CTA
- Assist in running and monitoring of social media campaigns
- Creation of ad hoc marketing materials.
- Brief agencies on work to be done including advertisements, marketing products and campaigns
- Ensure timely follow up with agency and project manager
- Responsible for compilation of monthly internal newsletter
- Assist in the organization, promotion and support of events where necessary
- Assist with all other day to day marketing activities as necessary
- Work as a part of the Marketing team providing insight, ideas and support
- University degree / Masters in marketing, communication, business or related discipline
- Recent graduate, between 22 - 29 years of age
- 1-2 years experience in social media marketing preferred
- Creative thinker who can work as part of a team and independently
- Passion for delivering high standards when multitasking and working to tight deadlines
- Flexible, self motivated and strong communicator
- Fluent in French and/or English language, and/or a good working knowledge of the other
- Ideally familiar with African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the ACP states
- Start date: 1st quarter 2013
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once)
- Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Stipend: 800€ (holder of a Bachelor's degree) to 1,000€ (holder of a Master's degree)
- Medical cover is provided for the duration of the internship
- International travel from home country: not covered by CTA
Interested candidates should submit documents listed below to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter the following text in the email subject field "Marketing Internship Application"
Deadline for application: 4 January 2013
- One page motivational letter explaining why he/she qualifies for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scanned copies of academic qualifications;
- Two letters of recommendations and / or references.
More information on this Link: http://www.cta.int/en/content/view/full/5391
- - -